Everything You Need To Know About Skin Ageing Process
We all know that skin ageing is a natural phenomenon. For most women out there, we cling on to ways on how to prevent and slow the effects of skin ageing as much as we can. But no matter how much effort we put in, skin ageing is still inevitable.
Ageing is a process that we all must go through. As we age, the regeneration rate of new cells become slower, the production of collagen and elastin lessen, skin becomes thinner, losing elasticity, luminosity, and wrinkles deepened.
Skin is a living organ and undergoes many changes during a person’s lifetime. Each skin stage reflects its characteristics and stage-specific demand of cares. By understanding these stages, we will then know the appropriate skincare routines to keep our skin healthy, whatever our age might be.
STAGE 1: AGE GROUP 25-35
- Many will pay almost no attention to anti-ageing when they don’t see any signs yet.
- The skin is still voluminous and plump. However, the undercurrent could be quite substantial. This is when the early signs of ageing begin.
- Lines start to appear when performing expressions like laughing, smiling, frowning, and raising of the eyebrows.
- Skin quality slowly and surely deteriorating. The reduction rate of cell regeneration is not helping the healing of acne scars and marks.
- Collagen mass and flexibility begin to deplete at the rate of approximately 1% a year.
- Skin looks duller and complexion slowly loses its radiance.
- Prevention is your strategy. Start using skincare products that are formulated to prevent those early signs of ageing.
STAGE 2: AGE GROUP 35-50
- As skin matures, moisture and elasticity reduce and wrinkles form.
- Crow’s feet become more visible at the corner of the eyes.
- Skin’s barrier function weakens while the metabolic processes of cells begin to slow down.
- The production of collagen and elastin starts to slow down, causing reduction of skin elasticity over time.
- Start to feel the lack of skin moisture as skin produces less and less Hyaluronic Acid while the existing Hyaluronic Acid starts to degrade too.
- The nasolabial folds in the face are more developed.
- The early signs of marionette lines appear at the outer edge of the lips, and the chin area begins to lose volume.
- The under eye area darkens; some may even notice the formation of under eye bags.
- The damage is done, so go for repairment. Choose the right anti-ageing products that are formulated to promise you visible results.
STAGE 3: AGE GROUP 50 OR MORE
- Skin ageing process accelerates and becomes more visible.
- Collagen production is significantly reduced; loss of elastin in the skin causes further fine lines and wrinkles on the entire face.
- Face loses density and plumpness. The significance of volume loss makes skin appear thinner and hollow.
- Deeper nasolabial folds cause the cheeks to sag around the edges of the chin.
- Deeper marionette lines cause the skin to droop around them.
- Age spots appear more frequently.
- Wrinkles starts to deepen and become more obvious around mouth and eyes area.
- You cannot reverse the clock, but you shouldn’t give up trying. You can continue to use anti-ageing products to prevent further damage.
WHAT CAUSES SKIN AGEING?
Our skin is quite a drama queen in character. Any form of environmental and internal changes may cause the skin to scream for your attention. Although we cannot stop our skin from ageing, there are still ways to prevent or to slow down premature skin ageing:
Repeated exposure to the sun accounts for almost 90% of premature skin ageing, skin damage and skin cancer symptoms. If you wish for younger-looking skin, never leave home without your UV protection.
EAT A HEALTHY, PRACTICE WELL-BALANCED DIET
Studies show that fresh fruits and vegetables may help to prevent premature skin ageing. Cut down on sugar intake, processed food, and other refined carbohydrates that could accelerate skin ageing.
Exercise can improve blood circulation and immune system. An active sweat gland may help to increase the skin’s ability to produce Hyaluronic Acid that is vital for firmer, healthier looking skin.
AVOID REPETITIVE FACIAL EXPRESSIONS
Those repetitive facial expressions like smiling will contract the underlying muscles and that’s how smile lines are formed. When you contract the same muscles repeatedly, these lines become permanent. Reduce the formation of fine lines with the proper corrective serum.
PRACTICE GOOD SKIN CARE ROUTINE
Daily cleansing and skincare routine with products formulated to match the needs of your skin type are necessary. Click here to learn more about Nutox Anti-Ageing Skincare Products.